Pancake Relay Camping Activity
|This Activity is meant for older campers.|
Decide for yourself if it is appropriate for your younger campers or not.
For each team:
- stove or fire
- pan, bowl, spatula, spoon
- dried pancake mix and water
|Preparation:||Tie rope between two trees about 9 or 10 feet up.|
Have a judge available at the rope for each team.
|Notes:||Good competition activity.|
The racers take the batter so the next pancake can not be started until they return.
If a pancake is dropped, it still needs to be eaten or a new one cooked.
The pancake needs to be flipped over the rope before being eaten.
|Objective: Eat pancakes in shortest time. |
- Build a fire.
- Prepare pancake batter.
- Cook a pancake.
- Carry the pancake on the spatula to the rope. Take the bowl of batter and a buddy.
- Flip the pancake over the rope and the buddy catches it in his hand (or not).
- Buddy eats the pancake and gets clearance from a judge.
- Buddies run back to the fire and next pair cook a pancake.
- Repeat a set number of times.